Thread: Importing a Fractal Terrains map to CC3

Post Importing a Fractal Terrains map to CC3

Hey guys, first time posting here, and recently new user to both these programs. I spent time first getting to know Fractal terrains and am fairly comfortable with it and now just getting to know CC3. what I'm having a hard time doing however is importing a usable FT file.

First a bit of background, my FT is a bit older so that it will only export as a CC2 file, don't think that should be a problem though as CC3 can convert CC2 to CC3

What's happening is when I do upload my FT map into CC3 it comes in as strictly a line drawing Altitude map and nothing else, I tried then converting it from a CC2 file to a CC3 file and as near as I can tell it turned it into a colour coded altitude map.

what I'm looking for is converting it to the classic overland style so I can begin playing with it.

So what am I missing? Is it the exporting settings i'm not tweaking properly? am I missing a step in importing it? or is it just plain ignorance lol?

Appreciate the help,
    Cheers
    Chris

I am sure Waldonrate (The software author) will be along shortly to answer this.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Check out the ProFantasy forum ( http://forum.profantasy.com ) as this question comes up regularly.

Guild Journeyer MadCartographer's Avatar

Ok, I have looked all threw the forum there, and I dont see anything that jumps out at me.

I also need to figure this out.
    _________
    User of:
    CC2 & CC3, FT Pro Exclusively.
    If it's ProFantasy, I'm using it.