Thread: Hello

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Map Hello

Hello everyone,
    I just found the site, and thought I'd sign on. I've been mapmaking for 30 years! I've been using Campaign Cartographer since its inception, and am now on CC3. Over the years I've used Bryce, Mojoworld creator, Dundjinni, Fractal Mapper, and a few others I can't think of. I always come back to CC. The learning curve is steep, but now that I know it thoroughly, I have no desire to learn another.
    I am currently working on sheet effects, which are really the big improvement in cc3. I have attached a sample of the same map, using layered sheets and changing the opacity levels of each sheet, I have been able to start achieving more realistic effects.
    One sample shows the basic layering of sheets, as you can see, it is stark and the colors just don't contrast. However, when you then make these semi-translucent layered over each other, you can achieve something like the effects of changes from one type of terrain to another. Obviously, you could add a lot of additional layers to increase this effect, but it sucks up a LOT of memory, and there is a memory leak that causes crashes when using sheet effects heavily.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nosheeteffects2.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	effects2.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	703