Thread: Sinkhole Caverns

Post Sinkhole Caverns

I thought I would try something a bit different. Here's a cavern complex that was once an ancient tomb but has since become home for various other species. The light areas in cavern 1 and cavern 10 are hidden entrances to the cave complex. They are either hidden by brush, trees, large rocks, etc. The large circular light area at cavern 5 a represents a spot that had caved in and left a large hole in the ground. An alternate idea is the map could be a series of flooded caves. The lighter areas would be open to the surface. It could be a good underwater base of some kind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caverns-019.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	505.8 KB 
ID:	18900
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Guild Journeyer

Being a cavern, it all seems a little too squared off. Though I suppose since it's also a tomb it may have been worked to square off the chambers.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

That's the idea. It was a forgotten tomb but when a couple of the tunnels caved in (#1 & #10) other inhabitants found themselves living there and have modified the original structure. At least that's the idea I had when I drew it.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx