Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elosha

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Nice work.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Locution's Avatar

Just whipped up to stay in practice... I have much to learn LOL.

Great work!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good point Tear, I always have problems with the footyhills. I'll work on that, too.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

OK, I think I fixed the problem spots but I wanted to post it up before going any further with the labeling. Smoothed out the coasts a bit and had to redo a lot of masks and strokes. Put in some foothills but I didn't want to go overboard with em. Tiny blur on the text and symbols. Slight color tweaks to make it less harsh. Slightly more pronounced river valleys. Ran a paint daubs filter over top of the palette knife filter (instead of blurring the palette knife) for a different look. The ocean was done on a layer way down in the stack with a watercolor filter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elosha.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	3.23 MB 
ID:	18897  
    Last edited by Ascension; 11-23-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Lots of tweaks, mainly to colors. Finished labels so I'm ready to call it done. Some of the labels might be hard to read because of the size and the font but that's how I want it...don't want to spend any more time on labels.

~A~

Name:	Elosha.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	18966  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Oh yeah, those colors are much better, although I hadn't seen anything wrong with the old colors either. These seem more natural. Looks great.

Very nice. The "title" came out awesome...almost looks like liquid metal or something. It's a nice touch.

Toning the colors down gives it a nice, washed-out watercolor feel. I also like the very subtle "water color paper" (not sure what else to call it) texture the whole map has.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Blog Entries

I liked the original colours just fine but I also like the new slightly muted colours, so it's all cool there.
    My only criticism with the whole thing would be on this last version I cannot see where the forests are other than a "is that a different shade of green?" uncertainty. I can see where you have forest and jungle labels but it's hard to see where they actually are. On your earlier, more vibrant colour scheme I could see the change in greens more apparently.

Still, great map Ascension, as usual.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Inspired by Ramah's icons I thought I'd do a few of my own for this map, nothing special just quick stuff...here's a screenie. I'm thinking I might redo all of my cities and towns this way...might be too much, I dunno. Basically I start with a 400 x 400 page and draw it up, turn it into a brush, then shrink it down when painting them in.

Name:	screenie.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	18978  

Blog Entries

They look great. I love the splash of colour on the towers, nice and subtle.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast