Thread: Oshen-Dan-Desh v.2

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Post Oshen-Dan-Desh v.2

Hello again!
    It's been a while since I did my first post here, with my original version of this map, called Oshen-Dan-Desh.
    Since then, I've been getting to know GIMP a little better, and I eventually decided to go with a completely different style which is more hand-drawn-ish. I've developed the map quite a bit since the first version, updated some political borders, made mountains and forests that hopefully fit the style I'm shooting for.
    I hope the compass rose is clearly understandable, if not, please feel free to let me know, along with any other criticism, which is, of course, always welcome.

The world itself is from a dark fantasy/steampunk/weird fiction universe I'm writing some stories about. The universe is an unorthodox approach to normal fantasy conventions with a bit of Hitch-hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy silliness thrown in for good measure, so it’s the kind of place where you’ll find ultra-pessimistic elves living arctic regions because of absurd prophecies, dwarves being single-gender and “procreating” with rocks and humans acting just as moronically as they always do.
    Anyway, hope you like the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oshen-Dan-Desh.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	4.12 MB 
ID:	18886  

Wow. Nice stuff. Have some rep. It's well executed. Color scheme is nice. Had a bit of trouble "reading" the water at first because it's the paper color but it didn't take long for my brain to catch up to my eyes. Also, the forest in the artic caught my eye as a bit out of place. No doubt, given the presence of paranoid elves, there's a perfectly good in-world explanation for it.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Overall it's quite nicely done, my only little nit-pick is that the font is a bit hard to read in spots. But given the apparent 'wear' on the map, not really a big deal.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Locution's Avatar

Nicely done. The only thing I would change is, given the detail of the coastline, I would taper the rivers. Otherwise its a great map. I especially like the legend.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Great map. I love the background art and the other little touches. Very nicely done. Repped and rated.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Great map, colourful style!