Thread: CC3 Update 8...... yeah thanks *^^&%^&(*

Post CC3 Update 8...... yeah thanks *^^&%^&(*

Well just finished my update 8 and all.... WOW! Now all of my maps were ruined and look nothing like I had made them.... thanks for destroying well over 20 hours of work CC............... WTF!?!?!
    Has anyone else been having this problem?
    As well as a host of other things, like the work window is so damned small now I end up having to zoom in all the time when trying to work any kind of mapping out, as well, now it seems my old shortcuts didn't survive the updating.... thanks again CC. I am seriously thinking about dumping this program and just going back to 100% hand drawn maps, so damned ****ed that they screwed up the program that was taking me so long to learn the basics, now I have to go back and do it all over again.......

FtL CC FtL!!

Quote Originally Posted by JymyB View Post
    Well just finished my update 8 and all.... WOW! Now all of my maps were ruined and look nothing like I had made them.... thanks for destroying well over 20 hours of work CC............... WTF!?!?!
    Has anyone else been having this problem?
    As well as a host of other things, like the work window is so damned small now I end up having to zoom in all the time when trying to work any kind of mapping out, as well, now it seems my old shortcuts didn't survive the updating.... thanks again CC. I am seriously thinking about dumping this program and just going back to 100% hand drawn maps, so damned ****ed that they screwed up the program that was taking me so long to learn the basics, now I have to go back and do it all over again.......

FtL CC FtL!!
    While I can appreciate the need to vent, especially when things go wrong, I would suggest that contacting ProFantasy would be a more constructive course of action. They have a good forum http://forum.profantasy.com/ and their support page is here: http://www.profantasy.com/service/technical.asp

-Rob A>

I did send a e-mail off, and in true fashion when things go wrong, I have yet to hear anything back from them.

Quote Originally Posted by JymyB View Post
    I did send a e-mail off, and in true fashion when things go wrong, I have yet to hear anything back from them.
    You are aware they are in England and so are 8 Hours ahead? so a 4PM (Pacific for me) post here is Midnight there, right?

As to the issue, I have applied the patch, and no effects on my maps. What sort of issues are you seeing exactly? Screen Shots would help.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I sent the e-mil off about 5am here state side, as for what's wrong, all the maps were junked literally. None would open at all so screen shots aren't possible, sorry.

Do you get an error message then, when opening the maps?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

Yeah, I mean when you say junked - what happens exactly. Just cant open file, they open but look different, they try to open but it messes up and does it show any message like a warning, an error, any dialog box etc...