Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lormwen

I agree that the blue sea is the better of those two, it fits the overall color scheme better.

However, with the texturing of the map in general (which look good) the smoothness and shininess of the mountains is a little odd looking. I'm forever having trouble with overly glossy mountains as well so I'm no expert in fixing that sort of thing, but maybe adding a slight texture to them would help make them less eye-catching?

Definitely go with the blue sea. I would lighten the map up a bit. It looks a bit dark to me. Otherwise I really enjoy it.

Marc
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

yah no i tried the texture on the mountains, it didn't work. On the bright side (no pun intended) I lightened up the map so it doesn't look so dull, and added a glow to all of the placenames so its hopefully easier to see.

now, before I go insane with working out little details, and assuming theres nothing big which someone points out, I think I shall post this as done within 24 hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lormwen_blue.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	19079  
    Last edited by Rythal; 11-30-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: grammar

It kind of has a "game board" look to it.

The blue ocean definitly is a better fit. The only area I would look at is the mountains. I don't know if its the colors or some effect, but they look almost metallic or plastic. If possible, I would soften the sheen a bit.

overall a very nice map.

Marc
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

yah there isnt a whole lot I can do with the mountains now, unless I completely redid them. perhaps if I changed the color of the light, but that would have to be done while beveling them. I'll keep it in mind for my next project though, which I plan to start on soon.

anyways, I say its done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12