Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Something is not right.

Thanks for all the comments folks.

I think the biggest remaining problem is the lack of variety in the buildings. For all of size, detail, and orientation, more building variety could solve the issue. Essentially I need more brush pipes and more in each pipe.

Ravells - on the scale issue, you are right but the roof tiles are not that bad (mostly can't be seen) at the resolution that it will be printed out at (it will be a standard sheet of paper), it's the chimneys that get me. I noticed it right away. The eye definitely picks that up.

This too will be solved with more brush pipes. I should be able to get a consistant detail scale with 4 brush pipes. It takes a few minutes to build every building so I think it may be a while before I get that done.

For now I think I am satisfied with the results. Time to move on. I've done the regional, I've done the city, now for battlemap and buildings.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Got yer head in the right place....get it done and move on or you get bogged down. Good thinking.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123