Thread: One last one - a simple moat house type castle

Guild Member

Map One last one - a simple moat house type castle

This is actually part of a much larger castle site with a large L plan castle with 5 levels and 3 sub levels... This is a simple draw done with DD2. Much better can be done with new bitmap styles available in the pro product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stonebridgegatehouses.JPG 
Views:	724 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	712  

Not bad at all. I do have a question though. I'm assuming the bottom map is not finished?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Not bad at all. I do have a question though. I'm assuming the bottom map is not finished?
    No, what you are seeing, from the top to the bottom is the bottom floor to the top, the top representing the stone roof and parapets. So, it is, in essence the view of the castle roof, which falls at different levels between these buildings.
    These are submaps of a larger castle setting. The first two, connected by a bridge, guard a river crossing outside of the main walls, the single to the right is the rear gatehouse of the castle compound. There are then outer walls forming a sizable courtyard with various outbuildings, and a Z plan castle in the center. All of these are mapped out separately and detailed.

Then I think the bridge should not be visible in each of the floor views and the order should be flipped with the ground floor at the bottom. I think that would make more sense to the viewer.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Member

Good point. The bridge should dissapear after the first level to be consistent. I suppose I could also have labeled the levels! That is the problem with doing these for myself, on some of them, I just do what makes sense to me and move on to another! Easy enough to fix though!