Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Saderan – a tutorial

Nice job.

There are a few steps missing to make the tutorial do-able by a complete Photoshop newbie like me. For example, there are a couple placed that I'm sure I have to deselect everything (CTRL-D) in order to to get things to work as expected. I also didn't have any patterns by default, so I had a bit of trouble finding the Wrinkles and Rock patterns. A few more pictures of intermediate steps would be great, including some snapshots of the layers palet to make sure I'm on the right track.
    Last edited by Droden; 01-15-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Great tutorial, gonna try and take a stab at it.

One question though, can you provide some further specification to the terms "big, soft" and "small, soft" for brushes? As well as opacities that you use?

I ask simply because what you think is big and what I think is big might not be the same, ditto for soft.

Cheers!

Will be starting a WIP thread soon for this

Thank you Tear for a wonderful tutorial. It will really set me on my way.

Info Saderan Tutorial linked in "Tutorials in PDF Format" thread

Hey, all.

Tear's "Saderan - A Tutorial" has been linked in the Tutorials in PDF Format thread.

The link can be found on page one in the PHOTOSHOP-RELATED TUTORIALS section of post two.

Enjoy.

Regards,

Vandy
    In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.
    © May 29, 1980

Guild Applicant

Hello, all! Newbie map-maker here. I am following the latest tutorial PDF and am stuck on p. 6. I can follow all the instructions about Pattern Overlay and Emboss, and my Layer Mask seems to be selected; but when I attempt to build up my coast shelves, nothing seems to be visible happening. And then the next instruction: Layer Mask: Paint White makes no sense to me! Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have not done this tutorial. But, I believe that you Ctrl I the layer mask -I easily get confused with masks and stuff I also usually forget the name's of the parts of Photoshop so I might not be totally reliable. And, if I am reading it the right way.. >_> - and paint with white.
    -I easily get confused with masks and stuff I also usually forget the name's of the parts of Photoshop so I might not be totally reliable. And, if I am reading it the right way.. >_> -
    Ps: I am also a noob. So, my help might not be entirely reliable.

Guild Novice

Here's something I just finished with your tutorial, in case you're interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent Part 5.png 
Views:	207 
Size:	451.6 KB 
ID:	35779  

Guild Applicant

Cool tutorial Tear. I, being a photoshop noob when it comes doing anything more complicated than making sigs, found it easy enough to follow.
    Here is my attempt. Doesn't feel right to me. But this is my first go at it.

Praise Eureka!

I'm new here and a novice cartographer whose been scratching around for the right resources and tips for quite a while. Your mapping style is very much in the vein that I aspire to. I look forward to getting everything I can out of your tutorial. Thanks for taking the time. This old dog needs to learn a few new tricks.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Droden View Post
    Nice job.

There are a few steps missing to make the tutorial do-able by a complete Photoshop newbie like me. For example, there are a couple placed that I'm sure I have to deselect everything (CTRL-D) in order to to get things to work as expected. I also didn't have any patterns by default, so I had a bit of trouble finding the Wrinkles and Rock patterns. A few more pictures of intermediate steps would be great, including some snapshots of the layers palet to make sure I'm on the right track.
    If I might ask, where did you find the patterns? I'm looking for them as well.

edit: actually, nevermind! I was able to find them buried within CS4
    Last edited by Jack Trick; 05-29-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast