Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Saderan – a tutorial

Fantastic Tutorial, Tear. Repped, rated and added to the 'quickstart' thread.

Praise Absolutely Awesome!

This I absolutely awesome! I am astonished at finding this tutorial because I wanted you to make one and I even have your map set as my desktop as a perfect example of well crafted world map. To find this tutorial and see that care was taken with it, all I can say is thanks!

Thank you for all your comments. I really hope this tutorial is a contribution that will help some folks.
    It's my first one though, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    I'll be away for a few weeks, but if I don't answer by Christmas, you can be pretty sure my plane crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Looking forward to figuring out how to get this one working in GIMP
    I don't know much about Gimp, but from what I've read, the use of Layer Styles is a major difference. I used those extensively, so I hope you'll find a workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    So i tested it out.
    Thanks for giving it a try. To me it looks like you skipped some instructions, but I probably didn't explain them well enough.
    Maybe it's because I was using a mouse. Opacity settings are a different matter using a tablet, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CartoGeo View Post
    I am astonished at finding this tutorial because I wanted you to make one [...]
    Yes. You wanted me to make one. So if it's bad it's all your fault. :p
    Just kidding. Thanks for pushing me.
    Last edited by Tear; 11-26-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Guild Novice

I really appreciate this tutorial. It helped me a ton, I was actually able to make something that looked halfway decent. Thanks a ton man!

Post it.

If I'll ever do a tutorial again, I really want to know what worked and what didn't.
    Last edited by Tear; 11-26-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Guild Novice

It's in my thread in Regional And World Mapping. I'd love to get some feedback from you.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Not sure what steps i might have skipped or misinterpreted, besides the river. you're right though, I find myself working with opacity/flow options more with the tablet in the last month or two than I ever have before. It's likely that a few of my typical habits made themselves known while I was working on a few things. That having been said - I learned a few new techniques to add to my methods, and in that respect your tutorial is 100% effective as a starting point for new ideas
    (and even if it won't let me rep you yet, I did get to rate the thread at least!)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Locution's Avatar

Thanks a bunch Tear. This looks like a great tut. I can't wait to put it into action.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Man, the people on this site continue to impress and amaze me.

Repped!

*edit: not repped yet; got to spread some love around first...

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Tear View Post

I don't know much about Gimp, but from what I've read, the use of Layer Styles is a major difference. I used those extensively, so I hope you'll find a workaround.
    This site has a link to a plug-in for GIMP layer styles:

http://laptoplogic.com/resources/con...dobe-photoshop

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast