Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Saderan – a tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Why isn't this tutorial 5-star rated yet? :s

Every man and his dog wants a Tear map making for their story at the moment and this little puppy tells you exactly how to make one. Come on people... rate this sucker up so that it can claim its rightful place in the pantheon of rather smug, medal-wearing tutorials that jeer at lesser tuts.
    I was wondering the same thing too. Pleased to say that it now is and that Tear has received his just reward!

Thanks for the good advice, everyone!

Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by terminal View Post
    I also have CS4 and I think it seems as if it only comes with two textures, but I discovered that if you click the arrow, you will see more textures pools, they've got names like 'Artistic Surfaces', 'Nature Patterns. I simply load append them all. I don't know whether this helps, but I think you will likely find the texture your missing this way.
    Hmm, I can't see any more texture pools when I click the arrow... anyone?
    Last edited by Aenigma; 12-12-2009 at 05:00 AM.
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Hey Tear, great tut.

Been trying to give it a go but i'm stuck on the forests. I've searched through my brushes and I can't seem to find one labelled "Spatter", where is it? Also, i've added the layer effects i'm supposed to add for the forests but my forests are turning out all faded and "smokey", what could i be doing wrong? Is it becuase I have a lighter land colour? I've included a pic to show what i'm talking about.

*EDIT: Please disregard this message, i solved my own problem.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Dal Lands 2.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	512.4 KB 
ID:	19384  
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 12-13-2009 at 08:44 AM.
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Kalgoorlie, Australia. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a Kiwi through and through!!

Praise

Tear... thanks so much for this in-depth tute. I've looked through this site and tried a lot of tutorials and haven't found one as easy to follow as yours. The results I got are great! (I just need to learn more about elevations and such lol.) After a bit of research I will try again.

Keep up the awesome work

This is my first go and first ever map post so please be nice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Island.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	19411  

well, first I'd like to thank Tear for the great tutorial. I like your style very much.
    Therefore I pretty much haven't done anything other since a friend showed me this thread. Well, at least while drawing maps ^^

Anyhow, here are the fruits of my labor:
    first, my first try with the technics Tear described
    second, I used the technics on one of my own maps. It isn't finished yet, the last couple of steps are still missing (lightning etc) and much of the cities, names and roads.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tutorial-Map-01-end.jpg 
Views:	721 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	19422

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	South-East-Aramë-06.jpg 
Views:	646 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	19423

The tutorial looks nicely laid out and well done. Looking forward to giving it a try!

Awesome. Looking forward to giving this a try. Very well done.

While a lot of the tutorials here are excellent and get printed, very few are so incredible that I actually go and get it printed in color, bound with covers. My wife may use this as evidence as to how how crazy I am spending $10 to print 11 pages.

I also have to add, I did get a new Wacom Intuos 4 from her for Christmas, looks like a perfect starting place as I learn to use it.

Started doing the tutorial and must say, on page 5 without any major issues thus far in the process. I did find something that new users will get hung up on perhaps (I did until I used google).

First step on page 5 talks about using Group with previous, in CS2+ this is now Create clipping mask. (This assumed I am understood what I am reading, which sometimes is assuming a great deal).

Like I said, this is more for new users then seasoned/experienced users but could be useful to experienced users who just started using Photoshop since CS2.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast