Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Williamtown. Early 1800's style port map

(picking up jaw)

Stunning!

This is a beautiful execution. Simple symbols, clean lines, clear map, with very well done real-worldification (for lack of a better word...)

-Rob A>

That is a beautiful map - well done!

Post Hmmm... yes I'm reading this

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Just had a thought (Gameprinter are you reading this). If he could do embossing he could actually print this map in color and then emboss the seal fold it up and have a really nice handout for players.
    I couldn't do a "wax seal", however, foil perhaps, its definitely worth some thought
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I couldn't do a "wax seal", however, foil perhaps, its definitely worth some thought
    If you can emboss an image, you could just print the seal in red, and then emboss right on the seal to make it raised.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Or...if you really wanted to be fancy, get the seal made via rapid prototyping and use real wax!

Ravs
    Gee whiz- all these fancy solutions!

Why not just a wax seal? Use a how wax dispenser (or melt a candle ) then impress with a signet ring (or seal stamp). If they could do it in the 1600's I'm sure it could be done now!

(unless you are looking at a production count of 1000's...hmm maybe there is a market here for mass wax sealed items.....assembly line with a wax dispenser and pick and place robot.......might have to get out my Lego mindstorm and build a prototype )

-Rob A>

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's a ton of websites out there that sell sealing wax and seals...there's a few that will even make a wax seal with your own seal in it that you can then use. Its pretty easy to find. I've almost bought one numerous times...When I was in saudi arabia I had a signet ring made in sterling silver with my personal seal in it (the symbol portion of my avatar)...I put it to play-doh many many times, but it never got put to wax
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

That is a beautiful map!

Wonderful work there, absolutely wonderful.

Wow, this is amazing! I really like the wood cut/ink stamp look, especially the buildings, where the ink coverage wasn't complete.

Just beautiful!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12