Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An inn with a ship in it

Blog Entries

I don't use Gimp but y'know that is some cool looking water.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Thanks. It was fun coming up with the idea. I've had a few ideas about how to improve on it since then. If I come up with anything worth mentioning I'll post it here.

What an awesome idea for a fantasy bar! Just the story alone of how this bar came to be would make for an entertaining tale, I'd think! :-) Just one question... where'd the rest of the ship go?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

It was inspired by the name of a bar in a Dungeon adventure - the Rusted Shunt in Scuttlecove in the adventure Porphyry House Horror.

The rest of the ship could have rusted away, been eaten by a sea monster, or destroyed by another passing ship. Your pick really. Unless you mean the undersea section, in which case the answer is easier. I never got around to finishing it. Must do that at some point really....

Glad you like it.

There was a restaurant/bar in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia called 'The Ship Inn' - it had a frontage of the prow of and old style ship coming out onto the street.

I could only find a very small pic of it on the web - I'm amazed it's still there. I used to go there as a kid to have steak, it was a real treat. Apparently these days it's the local haunt for chinese gangsters, so I guess you could call it the pirate inn.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12