Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Northern krugland

Post Northern krugland

So I decided to continue exploring the world of Etrakien a bit. This time I’m heading a bit north to the northern parts of Krugland. When I did my last map, the one of the country Ankh-bathor, I didn’t have a chance to explore(read draw) any real mountain areas. So I decided to go north where there are a lot of mountains. The area I’m drawing now is the pass that cuts through from the civilized area of the world to the northern wilds. An area where barbarian tribes creatures from mythology still resides.

So far I’ve got all the mountains in place, rivers flowing and I’m working on the hills. Please feel free to comment on the progress.
    :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	norra krugland_1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	379.2 KB 
ID:	18527  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Other than the grass being a bit bright/neon for me (causes things to bleed in my eyes), I think this looks great.

You might consider having some snow caps on the larger mountains (if the appropriate climate), and maybe some green foothills as well as the brown.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks for the opinion mr General :-)
    The grass is at the moment just a "colour" to give me an idea to where there will be grass. When it comes to the mountains I probably put some snow on top of the bigger ones, haven't had time to experiment with that yet. I try som green foothills as well, thanks for the tip.

Guild Journeyer

I like the cartoon style. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

A small update to the map. Added some more hills and som forest. Don't know about the forest pattern, might change that in the future. At the moment it is the same one as I used in my Etrakien map. but I don't know if it fits into this smaller scale map. What do you think?

Name:	norra krugland_2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	358.6 KB 
ID:	19262  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Works for me, I really get a sense of scale.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

That's coming along very nicely!! I like it!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Very nice me likey much

Wow, Huge mountains, and great looking map. I think it is coming along nicely. No river police issues!

Thanks for all the comments. I guess I keep the forest pattern, I kind of got used to it after a while.

Well some more progress, I've put in cities and roads, snow caps on the bigger mountains (does it look ok?). I also added some paper texture to the mix to spice it all up.

I'm closing in on this one now, some more things north of the Kirigian wall (thats the only wall on the map so you can't miss it) and after that it's kind of finished.

Name:	norra krugland_3.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	758.3 KB 
ID:	19284  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast