Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elosha

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I just do it to push myself and hopefully inspire others...when I first joined I was strictly satellite-style, I guess I still am since all of my varied styles start that way. But now I have learned other styles that I would have never even thought about if not for you all...I may not have mastered them but I do like experimenting in my secret cloud-lab I would still be pushing myself for even more photo-realism in my maps if not for the influences that have come to The Guild in my time here, truly outstanding and you all force me to try new things to keep up. There are far too many influences to list you all and what I envy/respect about you, pros to noobs, and I hope that I've done a good job of letting you all know that, too You all make me better and I try to return that favor every day. Thanks for the kind words everyone...and the help...and the prodding, despite my kicking and screaming

Keep on inspiring and we'll keep on dreaming.

~A~
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That really came out amazing. Great style overall...very evocative and well executed.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

That is gorgeous!

I love the city icons as well. Lots of great details to look at.

I am new to the tools so find myself getting frustrated at times because i can do so much better freehand.

Such nice work inspires me to get back on that Gimp horse until I get what I want from it.

Thanks for sharing!

This is my new favorite map at the guild. Thanks for the inspiration!

It's chocolaty and wonderful, you can almost reach out and touch it and taste it. Fabulous depiction of scale. Ascension ... you always push the boundaries and amaze. Lovely work.

This is a very beautiful map! Just looking at it fills me with ideas, both map-wise and storyteller-wise.

I am not sure if this was truly done in watercolors, but apart from the interesting metallic-looking words, it looks as if it was a watercolor painting.

Very nice job!

Well, this is one of those maps (mostly yours) that just screams "Look at me!" and well... everything is nice except maybe the mountains, they look a bit flat, although the colouring is nice. ^^

I really like the feel of this map. Is this in a cold region of the world? I get a very northern feeling from it for some reason. I think it's the jagged coastlines most likely. Great work.

What is the icon set used on this map? Can we use it?

Nevermind, I found your answer here:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ll=1#post90770
    which refers to here:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...0755#post90755
    Last edited by paulbhartzog; 11-25-2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: found answer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12