Thread: put your old maps here

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map put your old maps here

hey folks, so i was going through some old campaign notebooks, circa 1983-87, and i found some maps i did when i was a wee lad of 16 and 17 and i first started to DM a lot. (4 games a week for about 3 years in high school) anyway, i figured i would post these here, just to see what i was doing back then, as opposed to now with high falutin computer software to help. i got to thinking about all those old hand drawn maps i used to do and after looking at some, they bring a tear to my eye just thinking of all the cool memories attached to them. this is also a thread for all those of you who wish to post old maps you did when you first started out, and to tell us what went into the thought process behind them, techniques you used, materials, etc.

the first is a city called Gorson's Bluff, and why i named it that at the time, i don't know. all i did was pick up a couple of pigma micron pens at a hobby store and started drawing boxes. i think i had a .005, a .01, and a .05 black, and a .05 red. what started out as roads became a town i have no idea could have flourished here. i'm thinking the chapel, (area 1) would be a church of some king od earth diety, hence the labrinth in the back. there's a few taverns scattered about, but i don't think i ever really came up with a description for every building. i remember that this town was under assault by ghouls, much like a zombie movie. the PCs at the time had to be heroes and put down the plague by going into the underdark and defeating a beholder king and his lich companion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gorsons bluff.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	334.0 KB 
ID:	728