Thread: [taken][unpaid]Build a WORLD with me!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Post [taken][unpaid]Build a WORLD with me!

Hello!

I am a novelist and I have just finished my first novel and am 10,000 words into my second. At present rate, it looks like I can write and edit 3 to 4 a year.

For my novels I am creating what is called a "shared universe." You can read about a shared universe at...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_universe

It is simply a Fantasy World in which multiple novels and writers use in their stories. They all share the history, geography, and to some degree the people groups of the world. It allows several authors to write about the same characters and places and cuts down on the time it takes to develop the history and geography for every novel. Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms both did this.

I have been working on the project for over a year and it is coming along nicely. Now, I could use some help making maps to help "flesh out" the geography of the world.

Before I found cartographersguild.com I tried to do a map using Paint shop Pro. Now DONT LAUGH but here it is! Now you see shy I NEED HELP! ha ha

www.noobiesfriend.com/Westernethrea3.jpg

I would be glad to team up with someone or for a noble map maker to do some work for me. I will need the rights to some degree-Especially to add additional cities and other features.

Your maps will end up in print and on the web with full credit. I will also ensure that you approve any of my additions for quality sake (or you can revise).

I am looking to use the old style to start- an example is http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...7&d=1224266520

At this point I cannot pay anything. I hope to start a publishing label to print the books that will come from this series (or perhaps publish on demand- not sure). I am not looking to make a lot of money but will gladly split the profits IF there are any.

At present I am using GIMP because I am SICK OF BUYING software! But if someone is interested I would probably invest so we could be compatable.

PM me if you are interested and I will send you more information.

Lets build a world!
    Chaplain
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 12-01-2009 at 03:46 PM.