Thread: Recipes for Cook Book

Help Recipes for Cook Book

Hi all,

Ya I know this is way off topic for this Forum, but I'm working on collecting recipes for my next cook book.

I'm seeking the strangest, weirdest, wildest, only you would have thought of them, recipes for this cook book. These should be thing that people wouldn't have thought of until they read this book.

It can be a dish you learned about while travelling abroad, grandpa's "special stew", or your favorite snout to tail recipe for that body part most wouldn't even consider eating.

If your recipe is selected for the book you will receive a free copy of the book, as well as full credit for the recipe (because I don't want to take the blamed for them).

If you have a recipe that you think fits this just send me a PM.

Interesting idea I'm afraid all of my recipies are too mundane for your project, however. Post a link to order your book when it's done. I really must see it.
    M

Blog Entries

So what other cook books have you published then?
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I think the craziest i ever got was the broccoli icecream
    it worked too! the mint totally masked the broccoli, both in flavour and colour

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Camp Mash
    This recipe is the byproduct of two young brothers camping who couldn't be stuffed a) bringing more than 1 billy-pot & 1 frypan b) washing more than the billy-pot & frypan...

1x 200g tin of Tuna in Freshwater (if you have oil or brine you need to drain it)
    1x 30g packet of dried peas (get the minted ones if you want to feel fancy)
    1x 30g packet of dried carrot
    1x packet of "Deb" (instant mashed potato)
    some Long-Life Milk (those things are awesome for camping)

Start cooking the tuna in the pan. Make sure it goes that gentle brown-ey colour.
    Boil water in the billy-pot and cook the dried vegetables in there.
    WITHOUT removing the dried vegies, start making the instant mashed potato in the billy-pot. (Use the milk if you want it to taste creamier)
    Once the mash is ready, transfer the tuna to the mash-mix. Stir it through and make sure everything is well mixed.
    Serve and eat.

Doesn't look fantastic, but it's seriously awesome for camping music festival food... Fish, vegies, milk... and minimal prep/cleaning.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    So what other cook books have you published then?
    If you can boil water you can cook. total run: 124
    Crackpots with crock pots. Total run: 133

But i know lot more about promotion now and their are several sources that can make this next one much more successful, and possibly make it feasible to republish the last two.
    Last edited by someguy; 12-03-2009 at 02:10 AM.

Given that my weirdest recipe would be to reconstruct the snack I made as I child just to gross out the babysitter, I don't think you'd want that. No. It shall remain a secret.