Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Donate Button

Guild Apprentice

Wow, I never thought you would make the time limit but it is only 4:47 my time! So I just went and paid up!

Thanks for the clarification... I may try to find an artist here!

Chaplain
    Serving God and Country,
    Chaplain

Blog Entries

For me I sometimes do the big terrain type maps but also I can be busy with various things - often not mapping related. So yeah, put up a commission request in the appropriate forum topic and see what happens. Torstan has done quite a lot of work as has Gamerprinter, some folks do bits n pieces now and again when it suits there forte and style.

Chaplaindm -

I have never seen a paid map request go unanswered in the map request forum. And I have not heard of an unsatisfied requestor, either.

There are a few professionals here but there are many more skilled hobbyists who are happy to get a bit of scratch in exchange for doing something the like to do.

-Rob A>

Guild Apprentice

Thanks, I am really impressed by the professionalism on the forum. It seems like there are some really great people.

Chaplain
    Serving God and Country,
    Chaplain

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The people here are what makes this place so incredible. Thanks for posting this Ravells. You're right, I'm not going to beg for it, I'm pretty humble about things when it comes to this site really. I'm VERY thankful for every single dollar thats donated to help keep the site running. Times are hard these days for all of us I think, and its good to see that you all are interested in keeping this site from being a financial problem. I have good hosting at a good price, and the software costs money to maintain, but the fact that I don't have to worry about being able to pay my hosting costs means a lot to me. (The hosting costs come right out of paypal automatically).

Again, thank you all sooooo much for your donations, and happy holidays to you all as well.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Is the donate button gone? Did it not survive the transition or am I missing it someplace?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I've not seen it either. I've been relying on the manual donation system until I see it come back

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

how do I do the whole manual thing?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Erk, sorry

Basically you can make a paypal payment to a paypal account holder (whether or not you have an account of your own - you can use credit cards).

If you go to www.paypal.com and go to the "send money" link (which is here: https://cms.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/?c..._ca/send_money ) you can choose to send money to an email address. For Cartographer's Guild, that email address is cartographer <at> cartographersguild <dot> com (just be sure to put something in the note to say who you are on the site, heh)

If you have a paypal account of your own it's similar and easier.
    Last edited by RobA; 03-23-2010 at 04:03 PM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

I had posted it in the upgrade thread...Coyotemax is correct.

...paypal donations can always be sent to "cartographer (at) cartographersguild (full stop) com" (you know the routine at with @ and full stop with .)

-Rob A>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12