Thread: Building a starship deck plan modularly...

Default Building a starship deck plan modularly...

After doing a starship deckplan a few weeks agao on my G+ community, I felt that one looked too Star-Trekkie (too much room, too much comfort), so I'm building another with space at a premium as part of the design goal. Also I hadn't decided on the overall deck plan design yet, so I'm currently building necessary sections and chambers as required, and plan to put it together in one or more deckplan configurations when I'm done.

So far, I've created a cockpit/bridge, and a senior officer quarters (as might be for the ship's captain or ship's doctor).

I plan to create a "barracks room" as primary crew quarters, galley, rec-room, cramped engineering space and more - coming soon!

WIP so far...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starship-modules.jpg 
Views:	1313 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	57204
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I'm now thinking, instead of designing a specific starship deck plan, the better way would be to create multiple versions of specific chambers like 4 bridge configurations, 2 galley/rec centers, 2 crew quarters, 4 cargo holds, 2 medical bays, and 4 engineering sections with single versions of armory, cold sleep chamber, brig, etc., in a starship provided as a "map object set" that gamemasters can select whichever chambers best fit their intended deck plan design. I could offer samples of possible deckplan configurations using different chamber objects...

Thoughts?
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I like the "CRAMP" look to it.

It gives a darker more "Traveller" feel.

My thought is that things might look a bit dirty or in disrepair.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

These are looking really good! Agree with what Scott says, scuff it up a bit more for a more 'lived in' look. I'd go to town a bit more with the instrument panels as well and the little greebly bits you find in a cockpit. Maybe some kind of central console between pilot & co pilot seat etc.

Guild Applicant

Greetings !
    Excellent work to date. You might also want to consider creating both "new" and "used" versions of the same compartment. Also, a larger number of choices might also be considered and offered.
    That is all. Good Luck !
    H. R. Leidner
    ( Where the heck do I find avatars for this site ! ).