Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The World of Aeran - Final iteration

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Do you mean Export - ZoomView? I gotta learn how to do web pages so I can do something like that.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Looks good, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    Note that the version I'm uploading here is about halfsize. the original is almost 8kx5k and over 10 megs. I have it posted at my Deviant Art gallery if you want to see it in it's true glory Oh, and I broke my previous record.. the PSD file for this is almost 1.5 gigs.
    Hahah, my maps end up getting so unwielding and big that I have to break them down into ten different layer sets WIP maps just so my poor little laptop doesn't burst into flames!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Ascension: you don't need any html knowledge at all. The export takes care of it, it's simply a flash file with hundreds of images in subdirectories. If you can upload to a webhost, you're done, you just have to hand out the link. It really is that easy.

You could get fancy and embed it into existing sites if you wanted, but it's really not necessary (I may take advantage of my own web coding skills to implement one of these into the CMS i'm setting up for the one project i'm involved in though).

TheImperial: Yes, I know how that is. My regular machine couldn't deal with it, i had to borrow the wife's machine (I splurged and got her a good one so she'd stop whinging about not being able to play the games she wants). Even that one was chugging a few times

Incidentally I did discover there's a maximum PSD filesize of 2 gigs, yow. PSB (large file format) apparently can go to either 8 gigs or unlimited.. and 300000x300000pixels! scary stuff.. I want the machine they tested that with!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    Incidentally I did discover there's a maximum PSD filesize of 2 gigs, yow. PSB (large file format) apparently can go to either 8 gigs or unlimited.. and 300000x300000pixels! scary stuff.. I want the machine they tested that with!
    You and me both...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123