Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The World of Aeran - Final iteration

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Post The World of Aeran - Final iteration

After an epic journey of almost 4 months, it's done! Anyone wondering why i haven't been so active around here over the last bit, this is one of the reasons why.

Anyone who's followed some of the previous collaborations between myself and AslanC will understand how things can go back and forth forever at times But this is it, finalized version. It's unlabelled at this point, that's AslanC's job

Some elements have carried over from the original New Dawn of the West map, but everything's been updated texturewise this time. i got to address a number of issues that were bothering me before, so I'm extremely happy with this edition.

Note that the version I'm uploading here is about halfsize. the original is almost 8kx5k and over 10 megs. I have it posted at my Deviant Art gallery if you want to see it in it's true glory Oh, and I broke my previous record.. the PSD file for this is almost 1.5 gigs.

this map, unlike my previous ones, is Copyright 2009 Tin Hill Press
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final with border.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	19138  
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 12-02-2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: typooooooooooo

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Blog Entries

What's with that funky multi-coloured island in the middle? It seems to have red trees but there is no beach on it, the texture goes right up to the sea and just stops. Looks a little plonked on.

I can see why this took you a lot of time, there is visibly a lot of work gone into it.
    I am curious though, with this being copyright of Tin Hill Press, does this mean it is a paid commission? Just wondering as your words suggest there are a lot of man hours involved and I can't imagine your hourly rate worked out very high.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Gah, the blood forest is my bane First it took agest to get the colour right, then the beaches didn't work with it, and then i was in the middle of about 12 other things and it somehow got rushed past. Consider it fixed for the large version, but I'm going to leave this one the way it is.

As to being a paid commission, no not directly. It was a stepping stone into some other endeavours though, and we'll see where that takes off to. Really, it was a lot of fun to do, and I learned a lot as I went, so I got my money's worth out of it, you might say.

woot!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff here C-Max...I really like the compass rose.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Same here, I really like the compass rose. Very different from the usual and looking great.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

As I have said privately and now will say publicly.

A work of art sir.

Tell them how long it took you

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

D'oh i forgot to mention this is based on Historyhead's Animus Prime map, used with permission

Very, very nice... and certainly a mega undertaking.
    Are we going to see a labeled version some time in the future?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

I know AslanC has already started on the labeling, so we should see something at some point. When we do, should I upload over the original, or attach it to a later post? thinking about it now, I suppose I should have held off until until the labels were added.

My finished maps

You can upload it over the original or even next to it...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast