Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eohl Galactic Chart

Map Eohl Galactic Chart

I'll call this finished now, it started with a test of a galaxy tutorial that really didn't work and then it just started to grow The galaxy is made in CS4 and all text and linework are done in Inkscape.

WIP is found here.

Thanks to those who came with suggestions of improvements on the way, especially wormspeaker who pointed out some of my earlier mistakes in galaxy creation.

Some background fluff:

Encounter at Reva IV

As the Brandian fleet slowly entered Beorhtian space, the imposing figure of Haravan Isen, Commodore 1st class of the Royal Brandian Starfleet, stepped on to the command bridge of the Deva class battle cruiser Ishvara’s Ire. His green eyes sparkled as he gazed out through the large panorama windows into the vastness of space that was his hunting ground.
    The recent battle at the Gulf of Brimlad had prompted the Brandian High Council to order immediate retaliatory action against the Sundorian Federation, and the orbital defence station, Reva IV, in orbit around Beorhtian’s second moon, had been chosen as the target. The space station was to be captured intact, with a minimum of damage inflicted upon it. It was then to be used to force the Beorthian system into submission.

At his disposal, Commodore Isen had a squadron consisting of one Deva class battle cruiser, two Agni class strike cruisers, the Hildeleoma and the Sorrowless, and seven Kheu class interceptors. According to recent intelligence, the space station had no defence systems, but the proximity to the Sundorian fleet base near Ramlof’s asteroid belt made it a daring mission.
    Commodore Isen, who by many was considered one of the finest officers of the Royal Brandian Starfleet, had been chosen for the mission on account of his splendid performance at the Third Battle of Ramlof’s asteroid belt. He was only in his early thirties but had already distinguished himself as a superb commander and had been rewarded the Order of the Lion for his accomplishments.

Commodore Isen was also a cautious commander and had made sure that the fleet had made the interstellar leap to the Beorthian system well out of detector range. As the fleet advanced further into the system, Beorhtian began to grow until the planet was fully visible from the bridge. Commodore Isen clenched his fist when the traitorous planet came into view. Although it had gone more than 150 years since the Sundorian War of Independence, most Brandians had not yet come to terms with the loss of the Empires western colonies. This was especially true within the Royal Brandian Starfleet and even more so after their defeat to a Sundorian Federation fleet at the Battle of the Gulf of Brimlad. To be defeated by, in their eyes, a former colony had been too much for Brandian honour to bear and the response had been swift. And thus Commodore Isen saw himself as the instrument for the restoration of Brandian honour.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eohl Galactic Chart.jpg 
Views:	1657 
Size:	3.92 MB 
ID:	19176  
    Last edited by Andartar; 12-04-2009 at 04:02 AM.
    Hannibal ante porcos!

Maps
    Eohl Galactic Chart The Shuayie Peninsula

Beautiful work. Think I already repped you in the WIP thread.
    M

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

awesome! I hope to see more of its kind now tho

Praise "Stellar" map... I love it!

This is really cool. I have never attempted (or imagined) a galactic or space map before. Beautiful and informative at the same time.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Great looking work.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Guild Novice

Awesome, love the use of color and contrast.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Locution's Avatar

This is simply awe-inspiring. Though my interest are more focused on fantasy than sci-fi this map is enough to make me want to try my have at one myself. Very well done. Repped and rated!

This is such a beautiful map. I really love the fine details and textures.

Thanks all!

Locution: I usually make fantasy maps as well, and I never really intended to do a sci-fi map. But when I started to make my own galaxy I thought "When I'm at a cartograpic forum, why not make a map out of it" And I say try it! It's nice to try something else ones in a while.
    Hannibal ante porcos!

Maps
    Eohl Galactic Chart The Shuayie Peninsula

Very nice!
    http://fjodin.deviantart.com/

FUR KAISER UND VATERLAND!!!
    ЗА ЦАРЯ И ОТЕЧЕСТВО!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast