Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age Map

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Post Dragon Age Map

Just saw this and thought others here might like to see the eye candy:

http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u..._1920x1200.jpg

They got a lot of little lakes in there. I thought it was interesting how some of them were greenish and others more blue. Do you think that was done individually or were the lakes a layer of their own with some kind of filter on them that caused the differences?

I like the overall glow of the map. The coloring is cool.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

That's a nice overland map and it is interesting to see all of the places mentioned, but not shown, in the game (only Ferelden is shown in the CRP game). Too bad the in-game dungeon maps are so horrible.

Ain't nothing wrong with a wee bit of cartography crack to start the day out with!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff, thx for posting.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It's the full Theren (sp) map, basically the "world" for BioWare rpgs. Dragon Age: Origins takes place in Ferelden. Thanks for upping this, my copy is a tiny screen shot.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Locution's Avatar

Its funny you post this here. It was actually in search a way to emulate this very map that I found the CG. I have since decided its not the style for me but I am happy where my search led.

Now that's a sweet map, nice find. It even looks better than the ingame world map, Ferelden is not very pretty...

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Awesome map , game is sweet too

Does anyone even have an idea about where to start with a tutorial to try and reproduce this map?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast