Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glad to have found this site!

Post Glad to have found this site!

Hi everyone,

I stumbled upon here by chance, and what a blessing it is!

I was browsing on the internet on how to get maps for a D&D campaign and it led me to MapTools and some third-part supplements. The tools are great, but I desired better looking maps (such as those found in the D&D core books). Imagine my surprise when I saw how many maps here looked amazing. Better yet, the artists are sharing their techniques to help others, and I see lots of constructive C&C going around!

I am truly inspired and I'm glad I found out about this site

Quote Originally Posted by coffeefery View Post
    Hi everyone,

I stumbled upon here by chance, and what a blessing it is!

I was browsing on the internet on how to get maps for a D&D campaign and it led me to MapTools and some third-part supplements. The tools are great, but I desired better looking maps (such as those found in the D&D core books). Imagine my surprise when I saw how many maps here looked amazing. Better yet, the artists are sharing their techniques to help others, and I see lots of constructive C&C going around!

I am truly inspired and I'm glad I found out about this site
    Welcome to the show. Hope you're able to find something to suit your needs.

-IG

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome!

There is a lot of great constructive advice to be found here that can only make you a better mapper. Combine that with all the knowledgeable folks and their tutorials and it's a veritable gold mine!

I too feel fortunate to have found this site. I have been going back through the threads and checking out all these great maps and tips....it's awesome stuff.

Enjoy!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Welcome, I have a link on my sig which is an index of some of the whole guild topics categorized into sections. Basically, if the topic is mentioned in the title then its in. Have a browse through them like that if you like.

Welcome! This be a magic realm indeed. The wizardly map-skills I've seen here are gandalfishly great.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay.
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Welcome aboard coffeefery, from another noob.

I'm also a DM (not online tho) and found this place for similar reasons.

These folk are very friendly and encouraging and freely share a huge wealth of expertise.

For a bit of fun and inspiration go dig in the Mapping Challenge Archive subforum in the Mapping Challenges forum. Ditto for the Finished Maps forum!

Talk about inspiring!
    -doug

Thanks everyone! For the past few days, I have been awed by the works here and really enjoyed being part of such a great community. I am now learning the ropes on making my own maps for my D&D campaigns. I hope to post something up once the maps are done to share with everyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeefery View Post
    Thanks everyone! For the past few days, I have been awed by the works here and really enjoyed being part of such a great community. I am now learning the ropes on making my own maps for my D&D campaigns. I hope to post something up once the maps are done to share with everyone here.
    No need to wait until they are finished. Post up a work in progress (aka: WIP) thread and let us have a peek at it as you progress. You're almost sure to get some useful comments and critiques, along with some tips and tricks, and will likely end up with a better map for it

-IG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast