Hello Guild!

I am very happy to have stumbled upon this site. Even through the limited view of an outsider I could tell that really exceptional work is being done here and that the community seems extremely supportive. I can tell already that there is a lot I can learn from your collective expertise.

I am a practicing architect in Canada, but more importantly (here at least) I'm a long time fantasy/worldbuilding/RPG fan. I've always had a thing for maps and diagrams, and have always loved the opportunities for invention that come along with adventure design/DMing.

I have a fair bit of expertise with the family of programs I use in my day job - AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino, 3d Max and Illustrator. I would have added Photoshop to that list, but after seeing some of the things produced with Photoshop on this site, I realize I don't know anything beyond the most simple basics. Some of the other programs frequently mentioned here are totally new to me. What's a GIMP?

There is a lot to learn, and this looks like the place to do it.

I'm going to put up a couple of maps tonight as works in progress. I'd love to know what you all think.

Cheers,

Ben