Thread: Excited to join the Guild!

Post Excited to join the Guild!

Hello Guild!

I am very happy to have stumbled upon this site. Even through the limited view of an outsider I could tell that really exceptional work is being done here and that the community seems extremely supportive. I can tell already that there is a lot I can learn from your collective expertise.

I am a practicing architect in Canada, but more importantly (here at least) I'm a long time fantasy/worldbuilding/RPG fan. I've always had a thing for maps and diagrams, and have always loved the opportunities for invention that come along with adventure design/DMing.

I have a fair bit of expertise with the family of programs I use in my day job - AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino, 3d Max and Illustrator. I would have added Photoshop to that list, but after seeing some of the things produced with Photoshop on this site, I realize I don't know anything beyond the most simple basics. Some of the other programs frequently mentioned here are totally new to me. What's a GIMP?

There is a lot to learn, and this looks like the place to do it.

I'm going to put up a couple of maps tonight as works in progress. I'd love to know what you all think.

Cheers,

Ben

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

GIMP is a free, open-source graphics program similar to Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. It can do just about anything the others can do, some things it does better, others not so much. There are many here who are quite skilled with it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave