Thread: The Known World

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip The Known World

This is the working base map for the world I intend to use for two separate campaigns in the new year. The world is designed to fit a disparate selection of published OGL material into a single coherent framework - you'll likely note components of Pathfinder's Golarion; WotC's Forgotten Realms, Red Hand of Doom, and Greyhawk; Necromancer's Rappan Athuk, Barakus, and Larin Karr adventures; and even the rather obscure "Drow War" saga from Mongoose Publishing. All nations/regions have been reconfigured, modified, and supplemented with my own creations.

Generally speaking I have made my own worlds from scratch, but I have come to realize that I don't have time to design both world and campaign to the level of detail I find satisfying, and I now intend to use published material as a base to build upon.

The map was originally drawn in AutoCAD, then was taken into Illustrator to be worked up with colour/lineweight/etc. I see this as a sort of informational base more than a finished product. I would like to use this as the substrate for trying out numerous different styles over the coming months.

_ben
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Known World map dec 2009 reduced.gif 
Views:	668 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	19247