Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [taken][unpaid]Working of first Fantasy novel, would apreciate help

I guess what I'm saying is that if you want a map drawn which is 5,700 mile across, what you're going to end up with is a tiny bit of it (and I mean tiny) showing what you've sketched and the rest all empty. So if you're happy for me to make up the vast majority of the map, I'll gladly do it, but I'm just a bit concerned that it might not fit in to your novel.

What I don't have the time to do is to iterate the map many times if the bits I draw outside your sketch don't match up to what you want. If you'd like me to do the map for you (and I'd be delighted to) then I'll need much more detail on what the rest of the world looks like.

best

Ravs

I would be happy to help you if you think that is the best route, but no I dont think it should be that big either. Perhaps 1000 miles would be a better idea, that way the current sketch doesn't end up to small. But, I would not mind at all if you design more than what I have, as it would work nicely in sequels.

Thanks again by the way. Sorry, but I feel I cant say it enough.

Lol, if you want to, I give you complete creative control on what size it should be, because I dont know what Im talking about, and you do.

If you think it would help you could email me the prologue and chapter 1 of your story (the links in your original post say the files have been deleted).

cheers

Ravs

I sent you a pm.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

That looks quite nice Ravs!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Beautiful, I think!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I might lighten the trees a little bit but looks pretty good, bro.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast