Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [taken][unpaid]Working of first Fantasy novel, would apreciate help

Cheers guys. It's been a while since I've picked up a stylus! The only 'new' thing for me, mapping wise, were the fields. The commissioner wanted lots and lots of fields.

Flood filled the layer with white and used a pattern layerstyle of tiling fields at a very small scale and then applied an all black 'hide' layer mask. Chose a small, hard white square brush with lots of rotation and scatter and painted in the fields. A stroke layerstyle to give them a bit of outline completed it. I'm quite happy with the effect.

Wow. I can honestly say I'm speechless. Its awesome Ravs, and you did a great job sticking to what I said considering I had no idea what I was saying. Lol. I really don't know how I can thank you enough...sorry I cant pay you for it because it really is amazing. Not what I expected but exactly what I needed. Thanks man.

P.s. Thanks for putting up with my ineptness with maps too.

My pleasure. If you want to label the remaining habitations, the font is Caledra. Just import the picture into MS paint and put the labels on top.

Cheers

Ravs

Lol, cool. Thats a good idea too, thanks.

Lol, thanks. Its 10x better now since I began rewriting it, and I have a good feeling about it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234