Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [taken][unpaid]Working of first Fantasy novel, would apreciate help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post [taken][unpaid]Working of first Fantasy novel, would apreciate help

So I have been working on this fantasy novel and have some very rough ideas layed out. I realize this is bad and not detailed very well but here is the idea...

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ent=Myland.jpg

I need it to be about 120 miles per inch if any one accepts. With a over all size as 3700 miles across and 1440 miles tall. No time frame, take as long as you need.

I would really appreciate any help and would be glad to do anything you request but I am afraid I cannot pay. Bit strapped for cash as everyone is at the moment. Take any liberties to improve upon it, but I ask to keep the basics the same such as locations, and such.

I need it to be kind of a classical style with the Lord of the Rings movie maps as inspiration if possible.

All rights would remain with the artist, all I ask is that you allow me to use it in my book, and any sequels I use which will all give complete recognition as you as the author of the map.

If you feel like accepting, but need further detail I would be happy to let you know, if you would like to know about the novel, ask and I will give you the prologue and chapter one, which are completed already. Thanks so much for anyone who gives this a second thought...hope I can work with one of you in making this map.
    Last edited by cag123; 12-07-2009 at 04:36 AM. Reason: more detail

Bit more detail -

I would like any quality you have as I am not able to pay you for it. Beggars can not be choosers after all.

The world I'm planning is earth sized, and this is the eastern sphere basically, while the Western sphere might be used later, in which case I would love to work with whoever does this one again!

Take any liberties needed, to make it look more like a map of a real land, add or take as much as needed as long as my city layout stays the same.

I don't know if I'm doing this right, and I wish I could offer money for a map, but I just cant right now. I would appreciate any help you can give and would be glad to mark you on the book as illustrator and if it gets published, which is the hopeful plan, full credit would be given to you, and I would be glad to pay you some of the money if it makes any.

The story is about a world created by the Christian God, after Earth failed. Its set in an ancient setting and is much like Lord of the Rings in theory. There are two wizards, one sent by God to protect the land from invaders, but he became corrupted by his own self love and greed and used his powers to attempt to become ruler. The second was sent down to stop him. He enlists the aid of a young man and together they are to gather rebellious soldiers and reclaim Lamerith and the land around it.

dark red = country
    red = city
    Grey = Mountain
    All blues = lakes, rivers, oceans
    Green - uncharted, unimportant

I''m a bit short of time and snowed under at the moment, but most requests (paid and unpaid) do get taken eventually. The more information you can give and the more you can enthuse potential mapmakers into your project definitely helps your chances! Check out some of the other taken unpaid requests.

good luck on your quest for a mapmaker

Lol, thanks I was wondering how much more detail I should put...

Lol, yes I have, the only thing I see that I didnt do is add this...

I would like it to be presented in this style if possible -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_request_breezy.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	901.5 KB 
ID:	19249  
    Last edited by Steel General; 12-07-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Okay, for those interested in the story behind the map, here is the prologue and chapter one of the novel...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23564666/Prologue
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/23779587/Chapter-One

I would definitely ask Tear, it's his map and style and from what I can see he's perfected the art of making the map quickly. He only very recently filled another request (I think unpaid) in record time (and made us all feel very inadequate!! )

I think he said that he was going on hols for a bit, so you may want to wait until he gets back unless you're in a desperate rush! Having said that he's posted a tutorial of his technique in the Tutorial site, so you might want to give it a go yourself!

:: Edit :: Tell you what I'm having photoshop CS4 delivered tomorrow and I'd love to give his tutorial a whirl. I can't promise you a quick turnaround but I'm happy to use your map as the guinea pig for my test of Tear's tutorial. How's that?

Best

Ravs

Yes, that is the pic I posted actually.

I will look for his Tut. and thanks for bringing it up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast