Thread: Christmas

Blog Entries

Post Christmas

I'm not gonna make a poll for two reasons...

1) I don't know how to.
    2) It seems strange to take a poll on a suggestion like this. Just take it as a suggestion.

Anyway... with the time of year and all, how about a Christmas themed map? (If it's already been done then ignore me).

It could be a map of Santa's Grotto, or a map of the north pole showing where Santa's Grotto is located.... or maybe a map showing the route that he takes to deliver the presents.

I reckon it could make for quite a fun challenge.

Thoughts?
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Cool idea. How about a map of the terrain under the tree...complete with train, town, and presents? A North American (or elsewhere, of course) defense grid with Santa's progress? The journey of Mary & Co and those wise-guys, donkeys, drummer boys, etc. as they make their way toward Bethlehem. Probably lots of ways to go with it.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

We had a Christmas challenge last year but I don't remember who won. I know I started one but ran out of time because I was working on The Island of Misfit Toys map, which I never finished either. I always like the idea of Holiday theme challenges or seasonal challenges...helps me get into the mood early.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Locution's Avatar

Cool idea!

Post I pushed a Halloween Challenge last year...

I remember trying to get a Halloween Challenge last year, but got very few votes. I do remember Redrobes Island of Misfit Toys, but am not sure if that was for an official Holiday challenge or not, I forget what the premise of that Challenge was - or when? It wasn't December last year or November, I remember both of those...hmmm.

GP

PS: which ever one we decide, it better be soon, since it already the 7th of December, we need to get a challenge going soon.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-07-2009 at 10:54 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Sounds good!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave