Thread: Mapmaking request

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help Mapmaking request

Hi, I'm new to the forum and me and some friends are trying to make a completly new RPG world called Seditio, I've gotten the CC2 program but all I managed to create was the coastlines, so I've got them in png and CC2 files, and now I wonder if someone could put in the stuff on the continents cause that program is way hard! =/
    Last edited by Jonah; 09-03-2007 at 01:59 PM.

Hi Jonah, and welcome to the board. You should take the time to learn CC2 (now that you've got it), it's not the easiest, but once you get used to it, it's quite powerful and comes with a lot of symbols. Try going through the worked examples in the manual.

Alternatively you could try other software if CC2 doesn't work for you. Take a look on the boards here for examples of what different software can do.

Good luck with your map!

Guild Novice

its really not that hard...just overwhelming if you try to do it all at once
    when you buy the software...

just try one command at a time till you get the feel of it...

SAVE your original map somewhere else while you experiment...

wally
    if at first you dont succed, nuke it...

yeah I've learned some of the tools, but it's just that we need the map pretty soon because it's needed for the placing of the races etc. and I'm not that kind of guy who learns an advanced program in 1 week

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good point...hehehe yeah rush mapping isn't necessarily a good thing...I even doubt that anyone who would be willing to take on your request would be able to whip it out in one week...but I dunno...I would help out but I'm crazy busy at work this month...
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Hey, Jonah! Welcome!

Maybe post what you have for your continent so far--or maybe even a scanned hand-drawn image. This may help entice someone into helping you out!

PS: I'm with the others that you should gut through & learn the program; even though it may stink now, in the long run you'll be mega happy you can tweak, build, change things yourself!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

well it's not like that it has to be done in a week but sometime this month or the end of the month.

here is the map so far:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seditio.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	745
    Last edited by Jonah; 09-05-2007 at 02:54 PM.