Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Big WIP Project - Neoseilthir

Post Big WIP Project - Neoseilthir

Hello All,
    For those of you who have poked around in my email signature, I have been working on a D&D-style game system for around 18 months. The current version is around 140,000 words, and still a lot more to do. But, I've decided that I should start work on the basic setting (which would be separate to the rules books because I kind of dislike the "default world" concepts).

Anyway, this is based on stuff I started writing YEARS ago as a complex CS for an ongoing D&D campaign. As you can tell, I don't think in small pictures.

Here is the major landmass. There are 3 more to come and if I'm unhappy with this one, I'll continue to poke at it.

If you're curious, read the rules book in my Lulu store through my signature. It's a free download because it's not finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neoseilthir-reduced.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	19269  
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

It's probably just because I've been watching too much questionable TV but your map seems a bit like a double entendre. All in seriousness the landscape seems a little unnatural but still would like to see how this turns out.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

In the right mind, every map is a double entendre. I have one of those minds...

LoneWanderer> There are 3 more land-masses to include. Also, in the "way back times" long before people bothered making maps and hidden in the fine print of the author's notes and unlikely to appear in the printed final version... the lower landmass was basically formed from upward magma pressure. Geotechnical bits and pieces resulted in what was effectively a balloon of magma that exploded spraying crap north-west forming a peninsula and leaving behind a nice crater-basin type geography that has since eroded.

SuLiam> Clearly you do. To me it sometimes appears to be a cobra sliding over a log.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

My Lulu Store

Changes:

• Added in the other major landmasses
    • Edited coasts
    • Added in small islands and "peninsulas"
    • Edited out numerous "lakes"

Next changes:

• Add in better lake systems, particularly in the major central two landmasses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neoseilthir.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	299.2 KB 
ID:	19285  

My Lulu Store

I have put the method for inserting the islands into a GIMP Mini-Tute. Seemed like something other people could use.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=8251

My Lulu Store

Blog Entries

Hmm, well I guess you know what you are talking about with the way the land was formed etc... but it just looks pretty artificial to me. Too rounded and not enough variation in the coastline.

But I am sure you'll pull it off. Looking forward to seeing this progress and find out what you have in store for it.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Ramah, I was getting a bit upset with the number of lakes I was getting using RobA's Tutorial for coastlines. So maybe I should go in an really poke about with it some more, but atm, it's still very much WIP.

My Lulu Store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I always get lakes around my coasts as well so I just manually paint over them.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Ascension> I was getting several thousand ****ant lakes in random locations. It kind of went from "indistinct blob" to "swiss cheese" in about 2 points on the Threshold slider.

My Lulu Store

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast