Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Withdrawn]December Entry: Sandy Clawz's Lair

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Wip [Withdrawn]December Entry: Sandy Clawz's Lair

Even Orcs celebrate the holidays, and have their winter mythologies!

Going off the theory that mythological figures tend to be similar across different cultures (or maybe the orcs just outright stole this one, who knows? I'm certainly not going to be the one to ask), the Orcish Anthropology Department at the University of Gelderland proudly presents An Orcish Christmas Tale.

Painfully recreated (literally, our researchers who went into Orc territory usually got tortured to death) to exacting standards, we are depicting the lair of one of the greatest Orcish heroes never before known to man. Every winter season, they sing (screech, wail, howl, shout and otherwise make noise) the praises of this great Orc figure. Little is known of his origins, but orclings are always warned that if they do not behave themselves properly during combat training (always assume your fellow students are about to kill you, strike when they're not looking, the best opponent is an unconscious opponent, kick them in the goolies before they kick you) then Sandy Claws will crawl down the chimney during Midwinter and beat them about the head and shoulders, and no, Mommy and Daddy will not help, you're on your own you little weakling!

Orclings who survive the year often have gifts left for them - swords, axes, severed elf heads, and for the especially lucky few - lumps of coal!

He is rumoured to travel through the air in a heavily armed battlewagon pulled by 9 powerful Dire Wolves, the leader of which is said to have not only glowing red eyes, but a glowing red nose.

Truly a frightening legend!!

(And now for something COMPLETELY different... Iso style.. IN LEGO!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandyclaws.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	306.3 KB 
ID:	19298  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Where's the wolf with the red nose?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

He'll show up soon. You don't think he's gonna bunk with the peons, do you

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

So he's the "Big, Bad Wolf" huh?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Heh, that actually sounds like a fun tack to take with it.

*draws a tattered bloodstained red cloak on the floor of the den*

My finished maps

Does Sandy Clawz have a bunch of elven slaves that he forces to make stuff for him?

The parts have to come from somewhere..

My finished maps

lmao awesome , i rekon i need to make a New Wow Toon

Slow going so far, this is more of a 3d program than anything else, and I've got so many things going on otherwise

Doesn't help that things run slow on my laptop with it, and placement of objects can be very... annoying at times. just when you get something placed just right, the slightest nudge and your object attaches wrong. Perhaps I should use a mouse for this and not the tablet. Plus it doesn't let you do certain things that are simple in RL - I wanted to have coals and logs scattered in the forge, but you can't place items on top of other items without having a spot to attach them. this also means I can't have skeleton body parts littering the back corner of the barracks like I planned, and similar ideas. Perhaps I'll set a few things up and add them with post processing in photoshop.

So yeah, Sandy himself is at the forge, some of the guards are in place, and the elf slaves are now on location
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sandyclaws.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	312.8 KB 
ID:	19390  

My finished maps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast