Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: December Entry: Yuleblood

Looks very good to me, but those lakes seem like they're begging to be named. Oh and some of the border markings appear to be spilling over the edges. Might look better trimmed.

Wip Final map for sure

Final map for sure!

I named those unnamed lakes, I tweaked the layers and put everything under the border.

Changes and additions:

1. Someone on another site, suggested I give some splotchy color on the western side of the map as it seemed too stark white - so I did.

2. I hated the barbarian stronghold and the other one didn't capture the perspective well, though this isn't perfect either, its improved.

3. To put more "story" into the map, while at the same time preventing me from having to place a road - I thought that might detract from the map, in the northeast corner, I placed some background story relating to the Twelve Nights of Yuleblood poem as a bard's tale relating his experience having learned of it first hand - he being the author and cartographer of the tale. Besides the Fen is mostly a waste of space. Strangely my underlying sense of balance has come through again and the elven forest seems surrounded by the rest of the terrain because of the created shape of the rivers and the text label.

No more changes!

GP

PS: trying to think whether a project like this is worth publishing, I've hit upon another idea. What if I package this map, the illustrated poem in children story book format, followed by a 1st level Pathfinder RPG adventure featuring Orc player characters as the adventuring party - all the map locations are enough for a complete level one adventure - too bad it won't make it before Christmas!

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yuleblood-final.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	19650  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-18-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Post Cover Design!

Since the map is done, its back to finishing up the extra credit. I still need to do one more illustration, and I still might improve on the first illustration, but I just did the cover design as I knew what I intended. (I've got a comic style Frazetta going on here...)

The Cover Design!

Enjoy!

GP

Name:	yuleblood-cover.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	647.8 KB 
ID:	19688  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

The Orc certainly is at a Frazetta level of clothedness

And there's a strategically-placed hand in there, too.

Post Dirty, dirty minds - project complete!

Waldronate - what a dirty mind you have!

Both individuals were drawn separately. I tried to move it around so the barbarians hand was not where it is now, but based on size of figures, there was nothing else to do, but make the orc smaller, and I wasn't going to do that.

OK, I'm complete with this project. I plan to use the same cover design (with slightly different wording for the eventual published version of this.)

Last illustration complete, and title page, now a PDF version of the whole thing.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

GP

Name:	orcs-end.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	492.6 KB 
ID:	19700   twelve-nights-of-yuleblood.pdf  
    DrivethruRPG store

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Waldronate - what a dirty mind you have!
    It's a gift.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345