Thread: My first attempts

Wip My first attempts

Well I finally decided to try my hand at mapping the dungeon ideas running through my head. Can't say that I really feel like i did much but let me know what you think. Hopefully I'll be able to do more soon.

Forgedchaos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lvl1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	19337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lvl1Grid.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	19338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lvl1monster.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	19339  

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I'm okay with it. Crisp, clean, no distractions, easy to see what's going on, pretty clear what's what even without labels. That's the goal of a good map

Plus you have the grid laid in there for them what want to use grids for this sort of thing.

My only complaint is that it's so small, want more!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

I did it small as a trial run I do have plans for bigger ones. I just wanted some opinions on it before I went on.

Forgedchaos

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Not to bad so far, one thing I noticed is the shadows are inconsistent - the chests have them, most other things don't.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks for pointing that out I didnt even see that. not working with shadows yet. I just mostly pasted different peices together for this and didnt see the shadows on the chests. Will remember that in the future.

Forgedchaos

Blog Entries

I reckon with a better floor texture it would jump out better. Have a look on cgtextures.com or similar site and see if there is some flagstones or something that you could replace the floor with. At mo its pretty pale that the scene lacks atmosphere. Thanks for sharing.