Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Torentine: Political Map - by a2area

Really awesome work! Totally impressed.
    "Wherever you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai

Dugh, ugh yeah... wow! ... color me impressed!

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

really awesome

An excellent map. I've sent you a PM.
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

Thanks... odd though, i didn't receive a PM?

Quote Originally Posted by a2area View Post
    Thanks... odd though, i didn't receive a PM?
    Please email simonwork@profantasy.com.
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

Congratulations !

Guild Journeyer

Amazing map. Just by looking at it (i haven't read any descriptions yet) i can see the history that made it. The tiny bit of territory on the right, Torentine, must be some small Portugal-like nation with the sailing technology and skill to cross the gap to the other continent first. The inhabitants to the continent on the left didn't have the technology, and/or organization and so they were mostly carved up by the conquistador-like Torentines. The names and all major cities being coastal, the relative lack of development, and huge areas devoted to parks support this. However a few of the groups were organized enough, diplomatic enough, or put up a good enough fight that you have the two confederation of Anahuac states. Or possible since they are in the center, they were just all that was left when they surrendered.

Other details are interesting, but more mysterious. Who does the Refuge Atoll offer refuge too?

The only fault i see is your forgot the underline the key says belongs on the imperial capitol name on Torentine in the inset.

Ok, now i'm gonna go read the description and see if i'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by jwbjerk View Post
    Amazing map. Just by looking at it (i haven't read any descriptions yet) i can see the history that made it. The tiny bit of territory on the right, Torentine, must be some small Portugal-like nation with the sailing technology and skill to cross the gap to the other continent first. The inhabitants to the continent on the left didn't have the technology, and/or organization and so they were mostly carved up by the conquistador-like Torentines. The names and all major cities being coastal, the relative lack of development, and huge areas devoted to parks support this. However a few of the groups were organized enough, diplomatic enough, or put up a good enough fight that you have the two confederation of Anahuac states. Or possible since they are in the center, they were just all that was left when they surrendered.

Other details are interesting, but more mysterious. Who does the Refuge Atoll offer refuge too?

The only fault i see is your forgot the underline the key says belongs on the imperial capitol name on Torentine in the inset.

Ok, now i'm gonna go read the description and see if i'm right.
    Yep.. you basically got it right on! There was another power that came in from the west as well.. and Torentine came from the east and a war decided the current boundaries. Fernandina was part of a Spanish-like empire that while they also came from the east like the Tor's, they started colonizing further to the southwest on the continent and moved northeast. Fernandina was once a prosperous "Nordestal" province that broke away in its heyday.. enjoyed 60 years of progress the was overthrown by a fascist then communist regime.. Later, the daughter of the dead exiled Fernandinan King married the Emperor of Torentine which prompted an invasion to claim what was now rightfully his. And yes, i did notice.. after the fact .. that i forgot to underline the darn capital.. haha.. all that work and i forget something like that! (0:

Anahuac is the remnant state of the so called "indigenous" people.. which originally consisted a couple small groups who came from a continent to the southeast about 1000 years before the other "western" nations began colonization. Due to being driven out of their homeland they took to the sea and were either blown off course or seeking a "fabled land"

Just saw that this style will be in June's Annual over at ProFantasy. Greatly looking forward to it; the first atlas I owned as a kid (well, my dad owned it), had a very similar style and I love it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast