Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE: Alliance Crossover #1

We still have the potential problem of the CBG writing up Rushon and us mapping it during the same month...

What might be fun one month is to have teams of one person from each of the alliance sites producing maps/fiction/world writeups, with each team doing a separate area of the world as their entry for the competition.

If the idea is that the material appears in some sort of publiction, then by not having everyone work on exactly the same subject we don't end up with duplication and wastage for entries that don't win.

Just my 2 coppers!

Ravs

That's a very good idea ravells! So good, in fact, that I had the same idea myself about a month ago! We were worried though about the time scales and the amount of people on the individual boards who would participate. Though the CBG has many times the member base as Cartographers Guild and PlotStorming, it for some reason doesn't get as many involved in the contests as the other two sites do. It may be my fault - perhaps I'm doing the wrong contests! (though I have asked advice and such on my site for contests people would prefer). It is also my thought that many of the people from the various sites work on their own schedule, and wouldn't have time to do things such as "meet and discuss the contest and get everything together by a certain date." But I think it's a great idea that has a lot of potential in the future.

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.

Heh, Great minds think alike!

It might be worth revisiting once the multi-contest snags are shaken out. My main concern though, was that with the present arrangement otherwise good maps/fiction/worlds might not be published because there just happened to be something a little better that month (if you see what I mean).

Ravs

Oh, we will definitely be revisiting that. I think the idea has a lot of potential and promise!

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.

These entries are pretty much blowing me away. So awesome!

When is the cut-off date for the entries?

-Rob A>

I think it was the 22nd, technically...but since they have not put voting up yet it makes sense to keep going ^.^ And even after voting starts I think we can still post. I am not sure if people are supposed to 'count' things after the deadline though. Anyways, I think the deadline would be more to make sure that we start voting on time than anything else, and anyone who was finished would have an advantage....but I am not sure. It could be we are just not supposed to count anything after the deadline.

I plan to keep posting though, even if they do not count, because my map journal story thing is not finished yet lol - so little time!

Really? It used to be until 8 days before months end - did it change since the alliances? that would be rater cool...though when would we vote? lol

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For us its always been 5 days. Which is tomorrow being the cutoff...what I've done in the past is close all the threads for voting...if you want to continue with your entry you'll need to start another thread in a different forum like WIP or something. So there'll be 5 days for voting.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123