Thread: I have to say

Post I have to say

I have to say thanks again for this wonderful website. In my case it has reawakened the Artist within me that had to step off while career and real life responsibilities took over.

When I was in High School I had to decide if I wanted to pursue becoming and Artist, an Architect, or an Engineer of some kind. I settled on the computer field because I enjoyed it and it was in huge demand. From time to time I have found a way to sit down and create some artwork but I have always wondered what I might have done if I had just gone for it. I don't regret my choices but my creative side has always given me an edge.

At that time I did not want to be "another starving artist". I wanted to be able to support a family so I became a software developer. I did that for 15 years until several years ago I decided on a change and became a small business owner. I now work for myself, keep strange hours and feel a lot less stressed. I don't miss Corporate America at all. Not that this economy doesn't make it a bit rough but that's another story.

Point is, walking these virtual hallways I find my creative juices going absolutely wild and I now have several creative projects going at once. I just want to say thanks again to everyone who makes this site such a great place. I hope that I can help inspire someone else in like manner.

Sincerely,

Jaxilon

-Dream because if you don't...well what's the point?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely stated...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thank You!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Nicely said, Jax. I feel exactly the same way but never knew how to say it. I'll also say that you are one of the dudes who makes this site kick so much booty so keep up the great work and the good feedback.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    What a wonderful post! You are so not alone in your history..I think many of us (actually me) are frustrated artists.
    I'm a frustrated artist primarily due to lack of two out of three of the elements of success: talent and time (tools is the third, but I can make those). As I get older it becomes painfully obvious that talent won't be coming and time's getting ever shorter. Even my vision is going, making tiny italic fonts harder and harder to read.

Inspiration and perspiration are said to be what's needed to get ahead. This site excels at the inspiration part. It's up to the each of us to do the perspiration part.

[What do you mean that looks like two drafts of the same message?]