Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Star Trek - USS Enterprise NCC 1701

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like your maps (love star trek), but I always get the urge to remove those strong colors from it and throw on a star trekkie frame
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Could you make the tiles for the furniture/equipment available? I don't want to re-invent the wheel. This will work amazingly with a PC game that I've designed.

I believe that those symbols are the ones that come with ProFantasy's Cosmographer. As such, they are ProFantasy's property and cannot be redistributed. Cosmographer is an add-on for Campaign Cartographer 3. You would have to look at the CC3 license to determine if you are permitted to use the symbols in your game once you've purchased the program. I don't think that would be a problem, but I haven't examined the license with that in mind. Or you could possibly negotiate with Profantasy directly for a license for the symbols only and not the rest of the software.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Journeyer MadCartographer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saf0775 View Post
    Could you make the tiles for the furniture/equipment available? I don't want to re-invent the wheel. This will work amazingly with a PC game that I've designed.
    I actually got them off the ProFantasy site along time ago. Check there.
    _________
    User of:
    CC2 & CC3, FT Pro Exclusively.
    If it's ProFantasy, I'm using it.

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    I like your maps (love star trek), but I always get the urge to remove those strong colors from it and throw on a star trekkie frame
    I am using the same color scheme as the S419U file from the ProFantasy site.
    I dont see the file there anymore, but it's made by: K. Thomas. At this site: http://anomaly.mushpark.com

nice site too btw.

This is a HUGE Space Station for Star Trek. Very detailed and nicely done.
    _________
    User of:

Guild Member

Good work on the Enterprise, and seeing the posts about hard drive failures and file gremlins, I have two words for you:

Dropbox and/or Wuala (or some similar online file sync service)

I use Dropbox and Wuala, the free version for Dropbox and the paid Wuala. But there are other services. You save something in there and NEVER worry about losing work. And if you do lose a computer or drive, as soon as you reinstall whichever service you use, BOOM, all you stuff is available again.

Thank God for the Cloud these days, as long as you never have to manually do ANYTHING, the chances of backing up your **** is 100%.

Excellent work, again.

A caution, though: If the recent disruption of Megadownload sticks, services such as Dropbox might also be in danger. One of Dropbox's features is the ability to share your files with friends, and although it is not widely known as a service that encourages infringement, it would not greatly surprise me if the content industries attack it and similar services in the near future.

Fortunately, the stuff in your Dropbox is also mirrored on your local PC, but if you depend too much on it you might get burned.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Member

There's no danger with Dropbox since the object is to make sure YOUR files don't go blooie when your system dies. The public links that they do is legal, and I don't see any problem with sharing files that way.

But bottom line, the primary thing I use Dropbox for is backup. Also Wuala since I paid for it and got more space. I never worry about losing any work. Apps and OS I can reinstall then add in Dropbox, Lastpass, XMarks, and Wuala and I'm a happy camper.

PS if you have several PCs, also with Dropbox mirrored between them, that's another copy or copies aside from the company servers.

Awesome! I have the 1st Star Trek Technical Manual and Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise so that makes maps much better. I assume that you have one of those books? If not, you must have a good memory! If you need to backup your work, put it on anything you can, Dropbox and 4shared are what I use.

Joba,

Yes I have the blue prints, that's what I'm basing my drawings off of.
    _________
    User of:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567