Thread: VuKovar (city & palace)

Map VuKovar (city & palace)

Back again with another city!
    This is the city with the imperial palace to the right. The city and its harbor lie across the river Vuko. Also, at the end of the river there is a dam and in the middle of the city is its 5000 year old university (you see we have a lot of time). On the left of the harbor you can see the warehouses, and inside the harbor is also a dry-dock. On the first image is the entire city, on the second image is a statue at the city forum, with wich I used some shadow.
    Hope for good replies!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vukovar.JPG 
Views:	285 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	13081   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vucovar-standbeeld.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	13082  

Nice to see the work.

At first glance it seems like an irregular scale. The city has no buildings similar in size to some of the castle buildings? The castle is that much bigger than the city?

Your city buildings seem to have no alleys, roads or pathways.

Sigurd

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Good to see another city Jaspertjie. Your cities always have a unique look and feel. That palace does seem to be huge though. What's up with that?!

The lego in the first shot is a great tocuh
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

It's an imperial palace. It's meant to be huge. About the lego: That's my small lego magnifier (vergrootglas Gand).

This has nothing to do with anything except the name- VuKovar. Hmm, lets see, your avatar is Ratchet, did you by any chance get that from RC2:GC? Vukovar Canyon, Barlow?
    Eabrek23

-"All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us."-
    -J.R.R. Tolkien-

Quote Originally Posted by eabrek23 View Post
    This has nothing to do with anything except the name- VuKovar. Hmm, lets see, your avatar is Ratchet, did you by any chance get that from RC2:GC? Vukovar Canyon, Barlow?
    Yes lol you know I like that name very much!

Just as a side thought... as an engineers kid... NOBODY makes triangular buildings before Architects learned about Modern Art... So those nice civilian made shanty houses in the slum district, while easy to fit in, are probably more likely to push against each other than be triangular...
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Did I say it was on Earth?