Thread: KeyBoard Art with the Gimp

Post KeyBoard Art with the Gimp

Here's a recent Problem I ran into, I am always on the go and carry my laptop to take advantage of the inspirational moments I have (occasionally). Recently My Cdrom was loose so I unscrewed my case and tightened the cdrom down. When closing my case I screwed down part of the mouse ribbon cable severing one strip of copper. My God you say. well I am talking to you now and using gimp-2.6.3 without any aids besides the keyboard.
    But My Productivity is limited to coordinate based brushing and simple arithematischer I remember from High School.

Now This is where I get into Gimp, Its Got that Script Fu Console which implements a Full Fledged Database of Functions and Pointers Linked to the Application. I am so far able to work with layers, Draw simple* objects and Select Things By Color. I Just Wish I could use the scripting language to have more decisions on what I am creating. ie: Bezier Curves and Geometry Calculation. As of yet I am stuck with the lowsy Plugins and not advancing very far.

Start with a usb mouse... it'll help, and they're cheap... really really cheap...

Then, I'd say check all the scripts RobA has spread through out posts and his signature...
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Tutorial making of a point

I am trying to get another solution what I've got so far (no thanks to tutorial material available online, letme tell ya) Is that I can add joystick support and many movements through the use of gdk library active languages which of course tinyScheme is and will not be. But Perl and Python both have such a binding and underlying compilation code to support the wrapping of ctype returns I would get back from the librarys. Now since I am using windows I will not get very deep into the gdk resources because of course they are bottleneck'd with the windows API structure. Perl Is out of the question for now until I can get XS compilation under beck and call(this is gonna take some time hehe) but python has no such need to expand a library as it is. I have the use of libusb and can take your advice and still apply it to a *newground* of interfacing. But! I wish to use the keyboard interface simply because they are well suited to my tastes.

Blog Entries

Well I would suggest looking at image magick which is used just about everywhere. In fact this site has parts built on it. There is also perl magick which is the perl interface to that as well which I made some maps with on here. Also there is a perl opengl API to play with. I believe python has lots of chewy stuff too but yeah hit RobA's member profile and check his sig cos he is Mr Gimp Fu. So lots of scripting, command / terminal based keyboard only mapping going on here.

Oh My God, I can't Believe I have overlooked the expansion of Image Magick to interpreted language. PHP, Perl(although I have spent many a hour trying to compile XS code, to no avail), Python (I haven't seen such a good example of using ctypes since libUSB for python, if you apreciate good symantics check it out., But first buy a cheap Ipod and rip out the serial IC), and I am gonna add this to my webserver Like Now!. Thank you RedRobes. Oh And I Almost Forgot Knowone Can Forget the ultimate in logistics "Ch", I had to get this embedabble interpreter I suggest you all give this a try, they have image magick's wand API exposed, in a way To which I will soon investigate, to the Ch Interpreter. Oh my gawd is all I can say.
    Last edited by BrockyL; 09-25-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Cant forget the best.

I have foregone the time trying to use gimp's python console for image manipulation and wrote a driver for a game pad. I'm now using that for my mouse. See my webpage for details.

Blog Entries

I think you could do with posting that web site link...