Thread: WIP - Needs Help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip WIP - Needs Help

This is my first attempt at a map (of a reasonable quality), and I think it has come out rather well. However, it has several problems that I would like help with.

1. I don't like my forests. I have created a placeholding texture, but I want something that looks more realistic. I am using GIMP for this map, and have been putting my color on an overlay layers (with alpha channels), so if anyone knows of a good way to do this, feel free to suggest it!
    2. Do my symbols and roads look alright? I got the icons from a post somewhere else in the guild (I forgot to record the author, and haven't been able to find the post since), but I am not sure that they are the best for this map.
    3. Similar to the above point, I forgot to leave a space for a compass rose when I semi-randomly placed the islands. Should I move the group of islands in the lower right corner to the top left of the map? North is in the top right, so a rectangular area is better than a square one.
    4. I am horrible with creating names, and always have been. Is this the right place to ask for suggestions, or should I get one more post and work with someone through the PM system?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map v1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	19507