Thread: Steampunk

Post Steampunk

Hello, My name is Jeremy and I'm looking for some one to help me with a map, im currently in the midst of writing a Steam-punk Novel and I would like to have a map to go along with it, kind of a post apocalyptic united states or world map done in a sort of neo Victorian style, though this is really up to who ever will be kind enough to help me out, i cant pay anything as im poor, id like to have a map to help me visualize the lay out of the world that's in my head, and look forward to working closely with any one willing to try to translate my thoughts into a picture.

most major cities have been destroyed and to some extent rebuilt.
    Airships now fly through the sky so some sort of port' cities
    The united states is no longer in existence, but has been divided up into several different kingdoms.
    Americas 13 original colonies are one of these kingdoms and are now called Royal America, and are once again controlled by the British
    Africa India Japan Russia and China are the only major countries left in that part of the world
    Brittan and most of the UK is a vast waste land

these are just my ideas at the moment, a World wild apocalypse has taken place so the geography of the world is bound to have changed, though they should still be mostly recognizable. any questions or comments please contact me Via msn castrusdrake@yahoo.com or on yahoo with the same name also my email castrusdrake@gmail.com and also through here

any one willing to do this will have a large amount of artistic freedom because im a wordsmith not an artist. i look forward to working with some one on this. much appreciated

there is no time limit, as with any great work it takes as long as it takes and im willing to take as long as you are to work on it.
    Last edited by castrusdrake; 12-15-2009 at 03:42 PM.
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” J.R.R Tolkien

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Please read the 'sticky' at the top of the forum and add the additional information to your post. Much more likely to get someone to help you with your request.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It might be worth posting your request once you have finished, or nearly finished the writing. At this stage, I suggest that you just make a photocopy of a blank outline of North America and draw your ideas on it. It's very likely that as your writing progresses, your ideas will change and it would be a shame if someone were to put a lot of effort into making a finished map for you when it will likely as not need editing as you revise your thoughts.

I don't hope to dishearten you or put anyone off from taking up your request. If you look at the Cartographer's Choice section, there's a real beauty of an alternative US there. You could pm the author of that map.

Brittan and most of the UK is a vast waste land
    LOL! That's already happened!!

well in wasteland i ment completely devoid of life except a few tribal mutations ect
    but yea i guess thats kinda true already
    lol
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” J.R.R Tolkien