Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry xmas

Post Merry xmas

Well let me be the first to say Merry Xmas to all, have a safe one and all the best too you and your loved ones.

Hope ya all get good presents to i know i have cc3 coming lol

Blog Entries

And to you too - merry Christmas. I dont think I will get maps for prezzies but my missus has asked me to get two old maps for her this year. Right on ! Were a whole family of cartophiles.

Do you get Christmas cards with blazing hot sunshine scenes on them down under ? Its just struck me that I cant conceive of Christmas without all the snow and stuff on all the decorations and other plastic bits of tat - not that we actually get real snow in December any more over here due to the rising global temperature... Do you guys have Santa on a sleigh with the reindeer etc. It hadn't occurred to me before now that its just a northern hemisphere thing that Christmas is a mid winter thing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

In Australia it's probably a hunky dude on a surfboard being pulled by dolphins Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or whatever else is out there to one and all.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

indeed no snow here ever Redrobes, in fact we will probably see 40+ degrees Celsius lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vorhees View Post
    indeed no snow here ever Redrobes, in fact we will probably see 40+ degrees Celsius lol
    But they still have pictures of Santa and his reindeer. I've been there in December. Took a picture of Santa against a backdrop of palm trees.

Not as weird as watching the sun cross the sky in the wrong direction, though...

...Or looking up at the map of an 'alien' starfield.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Happy Holidays to One & All!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Merry Christmas/Kwanzaa/Chanukkah/Midwinter/Festivus/Whatever Y'All!

I'm hoping for Leveller or WorldMachine or GeoControl or all of the above. Not expecting any of them, but hoping.

I've already told my wife, she doesn't have to get me anything for Christmas, just let me put it a few evenings on my map work . I waited till all of my grades posted before I said that, though. I always live in terror that I'll be disgraced by an f-bomb or even a d-bomb. Since I only have one more term, I'll just sigh and go back to grinning if I get a c-bomb. Sorry, I'm talking about myself. Self-centered bastard...

Insert-your-favorite-holiday Greetings to all of you wonderful people and may you be filled with the spirit of Jesus/Santa/Hanukkah Harry/Kwanzaa Kimbuku/whatever. Damn, but generic holidays are difficult!

And a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Enjoy your favored Winter Solstice approximate holiday(s)!

Merry X-mas... ho, ho, ho.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast