Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there anybody out there?

Guild Novice

Post Is there anybody out there?

Hi ! A new cartographer from Europe (France). I just start learn cartography and I will need your tutorials =D. Since now i have just doing hand-drawn map but i want learn how to do map with software.

Excuse me for my english (it's bad) I'm not very good

Post Welcome!

Welcome to the Guild! Don't worry about your English, my French is non-existent! Check out the Tutorials section and the Finished Maps, as well as the Monthly Challenge boards - all worth checking out.

Curious though, in the last couple weeks, we've been getting many new members from France... what link did you find our site? I am wondering if there's a link from some major French based site that is leading you all here.

Anyway, do not be afraid post a map you have or are currently working on, the only way to learn is to "do".

Again, welcome.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Novice

Thanks. For the site, I was searching how to use CC3 and I found the link on google. There are some interresant informations (I'm looking the tutorial section) and some wonderful maps.

PS: sorry for your french (it's harder to learn than english).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

There was a time when I spoke French and Spanish but with lack of use I've pretty much forgotten it all so I'll just say bon jour.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

Better than nothing.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Welcome. We have had a lot of french members join lately which is great !

I am learning French too and I think that it is a little harder than English but there are many unusual things in both languages.

J'espere que tu peux ajouter un pin du carte ici...
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/ut...eInTheWorld.pl

Guild Novice

It's done

ps : it's not "du" but "de la" because "carte" is a feminine noun not a masculine noun.

Blog Entries

Ah bugger !

Thanks for that - I should have known that one. I'm not really all that good. I think I would have to live there for a while or get some lessons from a proper teacher to become better. I am reading "Bilbo le Hobbit" at present. I read it in English and French at the same time - French first then back over in English then back again in French once more every few pages. I read better than I write because its always correct what you read, but you have to be correct when you write it !

Edit -- I can see your pin. Well done. You cant be far from Angers. Isn't there a superb Castle about there ? I am about 3 dots above you.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 12-17-2009 at 04:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast