Thread: Alternate North America

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Post Alternate North America

Alright, this is an alternate history version of North America. It's based on a universe of mine that's been growing and taking shape for several years now.

I had a little trouble fitting in all the original countries and flags, so this is an abridged version, as I've cut some and fused together others. The original version contains such colorful locations as the Principality of Las Vegas, the Kingdom of Oklahoma and the Free Jewish City-State of Miami, but it didn't all fit quite well, so I changed a bit.

The flags are all scaled, some of them are actually from my childhood, almost a decade old... Wow, just had a "memory lane" seizure there. Anyway...

As the astute cartographer might recognize, the countries are heavily inspired by the Crimson Skies universe, of which the PC game is probably the game I've wasted most time on ever. Well, after Final Fantasy VII, maybe. Anyway x2...

The capital of the Kingdom of Quebec, Manicouagan City, is inspired by the actual Manicouagan Reservoir, which has to be the coolest place ON EARTH to build a city. Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manicouagan_Reservoir
    This is God's very own cartography, people!

Oh yeah, by the way, I have blatantly stolen and modified the map of North America itself and the small sketch portrait in the lower left corner on the internets, found via Google. All credits and apologies goes to the people who created them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FINAL.png 
Views:	1732 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	19577  
    Last edited by Daelin; 12-16-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Nice one. Love the flags...very creative. Repped.
    M

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

It seems I can't rep you again so soon, but that is a damn nice map. The flags are great.

Banned User

I love it

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool stuff, nice job!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

A wonderful piece of AH! Regrettably, I can't rep you for this at the moment.

Awesome, repped.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Love the fact that you included the Russians (I think yes? I spy an Alexandergrad in there...) in this AH. Too often people just go 'oh well, the British win anyway'. And I also love the fact that you kept Acadia around. xD Great map!