Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some CC3 Experiments

Here's a dungeon style I'm experimenting with, plus some more experimentation with the graph paper look. I made the dungeon floor bitmap fill style from an image I found at Will's Hand Made Dungeon Floorplans and adjusted in GIMP:

I recolored that dungeon floor image in GIMP for some variations on this style:

jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Here's a dungeon inspired by the maps found in Expedition to Undermountain. I really didn't like that map style at all (especially compared to the original 2e Undermountain boxed set maps which I love), but like a train wreck, I just can't seem to look away...

And here's another take on that same map with different bitmap fills:

The dungeon map above is based on the room layout in this one at WotC:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ma...eon1_hkjes.jpg

Here's another level in that 3e Undermountain style, this time featuring caverns. I played around with the commands fractal path, explode, line to path, combine path, path to poly and multipoly to make this.

Last edited by jaerdaph; 02-02-2008 at 09:13 AM.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

I'd love a copy of that floor bitmap style.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks guys.

I think this is the one you mean, NeonKnight. I did not create the original but pulled it from this thread (post #3), then cropped it in GIMP to get it to tile properly:

http://forums.rpghost.com/showthread.php?t=42788
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    jaerdaph

Great stuff here!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Ohhhh! Could you post a copy of the wall fill you used with that one, it's lovely!
    Here it is. I didn't create this image, and I can't seem to find the source where I originally found it. I'm usually pretty good about cataloging which Web site I found an image on, but this one must have slipped through the cracks (no pun intended).
    Last edited by jaerdaph; 02-03-2008 at 12:20 PM. Reason: I've removed the image for copyright images (see posts below)
    jaerdaph

Thanks Jaerdaph

LOL! I know where you got it from. I saved the image to put into Serif Drawplus as a saved fill, and there it was, with the same file name too. What I really like about this fill pattern is that it looks like it has been drawn rather than photographed.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    LOL! I know where you got it from. I saved the image to put into Serif Drawplus as a saved fill, and there it was, with the same file name too. What I really like about this fill pattern is that it looks like it has been drawn rather than photographed.
    That's exactly what I like about it too. I'd really like to find the exact source I pulled that off the web from - I feel funny not giving credit where credit is due, especially considering the generosity of the image creator sharing his or her work online for all to use. You can get onto some slippery slopes, so I try to credit every image at the source when I share what I've done.

I've pulled images from commercial products I own like Skeletonkey Games eAdventure Tiles to use in CC3 for personal use, but I would never share those publicly, either the images I've manipulated or the final drawing, because it wouldn't be right.
    jaerdaph

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast